Sunday, December 23, 2012

Figure Drawings 1

So here is a compilation of today's drawings. Some figure work. It's been awhile since I've drawn standing up and using my whole arm to draw, so I'm rusty at the moment as you can tell in the beginning. Normally I do medium sized drawings and I rest my arm on the paper, pivoting on my elbow, but since I'm working differently here, it'll take some getting used to. I also recently bought Henry Yan's book on figure drawing and I'm taking his approach in terms of practice to just fill up the page as much as I can. Doing it this way elevates some stress about trying to make a perfect drawing and it tells you that this is just practice, and so far is working pretty well. As the drawings progressed I became looser and drawing became easier.


No comments: