Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Challenge - Week 2

Okay so there were some hits and misses this week. Probably the most notable thing is no skeletons. I honestly think I burned myself out that first week. But on a happier note, I've discovered some things about painting in Photoshop with some custom brushes that I've made to try and mimic traditional media. I know there are other programs like Painter and ArtRage that are better for that kind of thing, but Photoshop is just much faster for me, and I already know it pretty well. I think it'll be obvious where the jump in painting occurred. I also managed to accidentally make a brush that mimics ink when used in the right way. :D

I've also discovered another artist named Simon Goinard. His work really caught my eye and got me interested in trying to mimic the brush strokes in Photoshop. I suspect next week I'm going to be experimenting even more and painting more.




















No comments: